2012 – Week 11
Take your own toiletries on your next hotel stay. Avoid using the free mini plastic bottles – just imagine how many are thrown away every day!
2012 – Week 10
It is best to 1. refuse, 2. reduce and 3. reuse plastic. Recycling, although an option, isn’t all what it is made out to be.
2012 – Week 09
Try this: use filter coffee dregs as an exfoliant instead of commercially produced products which may contain plastic.
2012 – Week 08
Under no circumstances heat any food in oven or microwave in a plastic container – despite all the product info saying it’s safe, it isn’t. Plastic leaks chemicals when heated.
2012 – Week 07
Resist the temptation to give your loved one a romantic balloon this Valentine’s. It will end up polluting our environment.
2012 – Week 06
Avoid using plastic pens – although usually used more than once, statistics show a person changes pen every three days. Treat yourself to a nice refillable pen.
2012 – Week 05
Avoid using individually wrapped tea bags. Use loose leaf tea instead.
2012 – Week 04
Use white vinegar as an alternative to chemical household products and as a softener for a final rinse in your washing machine.
2012 – Week 03
When ordering a hot take-away drink, and you don’t have your own mug with you, remember to ask for a paper cup without a plastic lid.
2012 – Week 02
Check the plastic code on the product when buying – best for recycling is Grade 1. Grade 2 is ‘downcycled’ to lesser plastic, all other grades are extremely difficult to recycle. Avoid these!
2012 – Week 01
Ask for cutlery free take-away, and keep a re-usable set in your desk drawer.
- Our passion is the great outdoors. We love to discover new places, but unfortunately we have encountered all too often the destructive effects of plastic pollution in the most remote corners of the globe.
Thus the idea came to combine the two – a great journey with a great cause. PlasticNotSoFantastic was born…
Join us in our quest to: explore – encounter – investigate – learn – ACT!
Current PNSF Location
- February 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (3)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (7)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (10)
- February 2012 (2)
- January 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (11)
- August 2011 (7)
- July 2011 (6)
- June 2011 (15)
- May 2011 (11)
Like the mission? Please DONATE!
Follow Us on Twitter
- Theresa & David on Special report! Ukraine, Russia and Georgia via Port Kerch, the Vladikavkaz / Verkhiny Lars and Kazbegi / Stepantsminda border
- Nigel on Special report! Ukraine, Russia and Georgia via Port Kerch, the Vladikavkaz / Verkhiny Lars and Kazbegi / Stepantsminda border
- Theresa & David on GoalZero review
- Kevin T on GoalZero review
- Theresa & David on Luebecker Nachrichten – an article
Images on FLICKR
PNSF Featured Video