Bulgaria was the first country on our route where we observed land fill sites which were fenced.
Recycling was available in the larger towns. However, from discussions with residents, recycling seems not to be widespread and recycling facilities are not always available.
We found that Turkey had an organized rubbish collection system, and the landfills were centralized, serving a number of communities, and were therefore very much larger than in Iran. The landfills we saw were not fenced.
Rubbish bins were widespread, even in remote locations.
I should have known I was going to have my issues with Iran, when an officious member of the crew told me I had to put on my chador almost as soon as we had scrambled up into the seating deck on the ferry. I could feel the usually dormant feminist within me [...]
- Our passion is the great outdoors. We love to discover new places, but unfortunately we have encountered all too often the destructive effects of plastic pollution in the most remote corners of the globe.
Thus the idea came to combine the two – a great journey with a great cause. PlasticNotSoFantastic was born…
Join us in our quest to: explore – encounter – investigate – learn – ACT!
Current PNSF Location
- February 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (3)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (7)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (10)
- February 2012 (2)
- January 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (11)
- August 2011 (7)
- July 2011 (6)
- June 2011 (15)
- May 2011 (11)
Like the mission? Please DONATE!
Follow Us on Twitter
- Theresa & David on Special report! Ukraine, Russia and Georgia via Port Kerch, the Vladikavkaz / Verkhiny Lars and Kazbegi / Stepantsminda border
- Nigel on Special report! Ukraine, Russia and Georgia via Port Kerch, the Vladikavkaz / Verkhiny Lars and Kazbegi / Stepantsminda border
- Theresa & David on GoalZero review
- Kevin T on GoalZero review
- Theresa & David on Luebecker Nachrichten – an article
Images on FLICKR
PNSF Featured Video